Wednesday, July 17, 2013

She is safely at the Mexico City MTC


Hi all.  What an experience dropping Sister Thomas off for her flight to the Mexico City MTC!  We awoke at 3 a.m. and had her at the SLC airport security gate by about 5:20 a.m.  There were lots of other missionary families saying their good-byes.  It was a tender few moments that we spent together.  I love that girl!!!!  She called a few hours later from Atlanta.  She sounded good and it was a comfort.  AND THEN....late last night I received an email from her letting us know she was safely in Mexico City.  Her letter is below:

HOLA, NACHOOOO!

Im safe in Mexico City! Let me just warn you, this keyboard is totally messing with my brain....I cant find the apostrophe, so excuse the aweful grammar.
Im so glad you got my letters!! I love you guys! I missed you all day. THIS DAY WAS SO LONG. AND ITS STILL NOT OVER.

I have my companion! Her name is Hermana Clawson. Shes a total sweetheart! Shes twenty one, and she already graduated from college! So shes a hard worker! We just barely moved in, and Im all set. I might have to send some things back home, though! My bags are so dang heavy! My back already aches! I hope it gets better.

Yes, I have a USB cord for my camera! I should have brought it with me today! Dang. Well, there werent many pictures on it, anyway. Ill go into more detail later, but basically...today was funny. After I hung up with you guys in Atlanta, we waited for the gate to open....and the door to the gate was actually broken. No one could open it. So that delayed our flight...then I sat next to this guy who literally would not look me in the eyes for three and a half hours...then I went through customs and that was hectic! THEN our group of 25 missionaries walked out, looking desparately for an MTC person to pick us up.....guess what. Salt Lake somehow accidentally told them that we werent landing until midnight. So we had a yong, yong wait. But that was fun, because we got to get to know each other better!

Yeah, I hear sirens all the time already! Dang scary!

Im really sorry this letter is so short and informal, but I dont have much time, and Im also totally dozing off. I just wanted to let you know that I love you guys 
THIS                                                                                    MUCH!

Im safe, Im having a blast, and Im literally going to scream if I dont find the apostrophe on this keyboard.

FOUND IT ´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´

I´m going to start learning Spanish tomorrow! Woot! I can´t wait, because it´s already so overwhelming since everything around me is in a language I don´t know. I´m going to be eager to learn!

The gospel is true! It doesn´t matter where you are in the world. The spirit is the same.

Write me letterszz!

Love love love, McKenna Leigh

PS: Oh boy....I don´t think these computers underline misspelled words. You´re in for some great made-up vocabulary.

PPS: Check it out--ÑÑñÑññññÑñÑñÑÑÑÑÑÑñÑñ-----can your keyboard do that? I didn´t think so. ¡¿¡¿¡¿ Hola ¡¿¡¿¡

PPPS: Just figured out that I didn't have the right apostraphe....I knew it looked weird. '´ '´ '´ '´ '´ see the difference?

PPPPS: The QUESTION MARK is in a weird place too???? Nessicary?!? (Did I even spell that right....)

No comments:

Post a Comment