Sunday, July 6, 2014

May 5, 2015

May 5, 2014

Hola! Como estar? Si, yo hablar espanish!

Sometimes I feel like that when I trip over Spanish. 

IT'S MAY. WHAT IS UP. I cannot believe it. I really can't. The mission is flying by. This transfer has DEFINITELY been the shortest of all of them. (Okay, we still have two weeks together, but I've been in Arizona for 6 weeks. What?!?) 

THE MISSION IS THE BEST THING IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. 

I killed the MONSTER of cockroaches yesterday. You should have seen it, Mom. 

This week was interesting. Hermana Arellano and I witnessed one of our investigators, Delfino, get a giant (and full) flower pot hurled at him by his father. They were in a fight. We decided not to get out of the car, but it was an entertaining scene to drive by. 

Have you all seen the "Because of Him" video? If not: 

Anyway, Hermana Arellano and I are in love with it. We have it on our iPads, and we started showing it to investigators...then to menos activos...then to conversos recientes...then to members...then to ourselves...it's almost embarrassing how many times we've watched this video. We love the music, the images, and most importantly the message! 

However, it has not quite gone as planned. We usually start off by saying that we'd like to show them a video called "Gracias a El," and we say that the video is going to have to do with the hope that Jesus Christ brings into our lives...that we'll live again, that death is not the end, that we can change and progress, etc...then we watch it. The people are always mesmerized by the video. At the end, one of us asks, "que llamo la atencion?" (I apologize for my lack of accents on my Spanish words, by the way...dumb English keyboards.) Anyway, it means "what called your attention?" or, like..."what did you like about this video?" 

The reason this video hasn't really been working is because of the responses. Here are a few answers we've gotten: 

"The inventions."
"I like how everyone is equal."
"...The colors."

The closest answer we've gotten to something that has anything to do with the actual message of the video was: 

"Jesus was in prison...? Then He was carrying something after...?"

But we're just too in love with this video to not keep sharing it. #missionaries #wedowhatwewant #justkidding

This week I went on my VERY FIRST EXCHANGE with a Sister Training Leader. (All you RM's and can go and wrap your heads around that.) That's right, 9+ months and I just got that experience. I went to her area, and her companion went to mine to work with Hermana Arellano. Anyway, these sisters work on ASU campus, so we walked around talking to people our age and sharing the gospel. IT WAS SUPER WEIRD. Honestly, it was such an interesting experience. I had to really muster up the courage to teach people who could have gone to high school with me how to pray. It was kind of hard! But those members are SO awesome! Just a bunch of returned missionaries helping the work along. It was so cool to see that.

Drum-roll, please...I GOT TO GO TO THE MESA TEMPLE THIS WEEK! Holy cow. It was AMAZING! I love that temple!! It is so different and unique. I fell in love with it. It made me want to go to every temple I can! 

Yesterday Brenda came to church again! I LOVE HER. She is so cute and so open to the gospel. It's amazing. Both she and Gustavo...we seriously love them. And her daughter, Katy! They are so amazing. Ugh. I love them. We also had a new investigator, Raymundo, come to church. He is super great, too. He has such a huge desire to learn more about the gospel. In fact, he called us to apologize for leaving right after Sacrament Meeting--he thought that there was only one hour, but when he realized there were three, he wished so bad he could have stayed. We also had two menos activo members come to church...their first time in two years. They only went to the second hour, but that is such a great step! 

I love this ward so much! We have so many great ideas on how to help them progress even more! 

GUYS THE CHURCH IS SO TOTALLY TRUE. I read a scripture today in my personal study that was SO cool. It's in Philip 4:7. It says:

And the apeace of God, which passeth all bunderstandingshallckeep your hearts and mindthrough Christ Jesus.

The peace of God passeth all understanding! There are people who only turn to science to understand, or to other people, or even just to the scriptures, but never to GOD...but GOD brings the peace, and it's bigger than any understanding we could receive in this life! If you have received a confirmation from God of peace that this church is true through your own personal prayer, do not let your crave for understanding dissolve it! Sure, continue to gain wisdom and knowledge of the gospel, but remember that the greatest knowledge we can have is our own testimony of the truth! You could read to me a thousand verses of the Bible that tell me that what I believe is wrong, but it wouldn't matter, because GOD TOLD ME IT IS RIGHT. I love testimonies!

Well, I'm sorry that this one is a little short. It was a good week but...not much happened. But HEY I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH. I hope everything is sunshine and roses for you all. I really do. 

I pray for you all day every day! Please continue to pray for me! I LOVE YOU.

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Hermana Thooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomas

No comments:

Post a Comment